CURRENT DEMO: v1.3
RELEASE DATE: SOON™
Feedback Here: --1.3 feedback survey--
Bug Reports Here: --1.3 Bug thread--
This Update Provides
-Complete graphical overhaul, updated UI and maps
-Huge balance changes
-Some new Pokemon distributions
-Setting the stage for 2.0 and beyond!
How to Access the Demo
- Download file
- Run Game.exe application
That's it! No emulator required.
How to Patch your Game
- Extract everything from the newest patch
- DO NOT REPLACE YOUR FILES! Put the new patch somewhere NEW! The only exception to this rule is if you want to keep your save file and you have Windows XP; to keep your save in XP, find "game.rpgxdata" or something akin to that and copy it into your new files.
- Enjoy the new patch.
Known Issues (Pokemon Essentials-specific)
- [MAC ONLY] Game crashes whenever one attempts to heal Pokemon. See Mac section below for help.
- When switching out Pokemon and then using an item, the active Pokemon slot is still the Pokemon that was switched out.
- Level-up Jingle doesn't play when a level up happens in battle
- NPCs still move when menu is opened
- Some music loops their intros improperly. This will be fixed eventually.
Known Issues (Non-Essentials)
- Pokemon cries still a bit imbalanced
- The Blanket badge gives you the Boulder Badge atm. This will be fixed in a future installment
- Region Map stuff still a placeholder for now due to region changes
- Shiny Pokemon currently disabled until shiny mons are finalized in the future
What about my Save File?
We recommend that you do not form an attachment to your save files- these are DEMO games, meaning they are not meant to make it to finished product. Due to the nature of many of our changes to the game as we progress, old save files can leave to game-breaking bugs and crashes.
If you're on Windows Vista/7, you should be able to load your saved game without a problem, assuming you're playing on the most recent patch. You can copy the "Game.rxproj file." into the new download, this may cause issues.
If you're on XP, in the game files themselves, you'll have a game.rpgxpdata or something along those lines. Save that file for the new demo.
HOW TO DELETE FILES IN VISTA/7:
C:/ > Users > Personal User File > Saved Games > Pokemon Essentials.
Can I Play on a Mac?
First, you need to download a program called Wine (http://www.winehq.org) which will allow you to run .exe files through your Mac.
Next, after downloading the demo, you need to go through the audio and delete any .MIDI format file. Wine/Mac does not support this format, and it will cause your game to crash at places like Pokémon Centers and while Evolving.
Last, click on the file 'game.exe' and start your journey!
Can I play it with GNU/Linux?
Install PlayOnLinux. Extract the RAR archive from the link above to a new folder, then remove all MIDI files in the folder (use your file manager's search function to be sure). Open PlayOnLinux and click "Install a program". Click "Install a non-listed program" in the window that appears. Click "Next". Select "Install a program in a new virtual drive" and click "Next". Name the drive, click "Next", click "Browse" and select "Game.exe" in the folder you made. Finally, click "Next" and start your journey!
Error: "RGSS Stopped Responding"
Disclaimer from Pawter
Please keep in mind that any bugs you find or any things left out were completely unintentional. Any changes that were made had to do with making everything look nice and polished in terms of movement, UI, or whathaveyou. If you have any concerns feel free to voice them either in the comment section or to me through private message.