| Under Construction
This page is unfinished. Please add relevant images and information as it becomes available.
This page is for listing all of the current trainer classes and their sprites. For trainer sprites that have been voted out or deemed unusable, please see the Trainer Sprite Graveyard.
Gen /vp/ is attempting to use as much original material as possible. As such, when making a trainer sprite be sure to make it entirely from scratch. Splicing, or using parts from trainer sprites from the official games, is not allowed. This includes directly copy/pasting entire parts, recoloring parts, or even making small edits to them. Any sprite found to use parts from official trainer sprites will be immediately marked for removal and will be removed from the page once a completely original one is made.
When working on a trainer sprite keep in mind that, like Pokémon sprites, the color limit is 16 unique colors: transparency, white, black, and 13 other colors. If black or white is not being used, then that color space can be used for an extra color.
The table below lists the sprites currently drawn for most of our trainer classes. Each trainer class has one of the following labels depending on the status of its sprites:
- [WIP] The sprite has been started, but isn't completed. Even if completed, it needs some fixing.
- [Multiple Versions] Multiple versions of this Trainer Class have been done. This does not include the Trainer Class with regional differences.
- [Complete] Complete does not mean official. It simply means the sprite is >90% complete and there is a general consensus that the quality is good enough.
- [Recolor] A sprite that is a recolor of sprites used in past games. Recolors serve as placeholders and need original poses.
- [SPLICED] Sprites that are made up of a combination of GF and custom parts. These require custom replacements.
Guidelines for addition:
- Adding revised sprites: If a minor revision to a previous sprite has been made by someone other than the original sprite artist, post it in the thread first. If there is general approval, you may replace the current version listed.
- Deleting old sprites: Do not delete older versions of a sprite unless there appears to be an overwhelming consensus on choosing a new sprite/revision over it. Multiple versions of sprites will be run against each other in surveys. Once a winner has been chosen, the loser should be moved to the Trainer Sprite Graveyard. Feel free to remove outdated sprites to the graveyard when a replacement has been made if the older sprite is over the color or size limit.
Battle Style refers to what kind of Pokémon the trainers specialize in. They don't usually variate from this pattern unless they are in a gym or a special area for battling (like the Battle Subway). Most should stay true to their predecesors in the real Pokémon games. Battle entries in italics and parentheses are proposals either for new Trainer classes or interesting new approaches to a classic Trainer.
|Trainer Class||Battle Style||Battle Sprite||Alt Sprite||Overworld|
|Hiker||Mountain and Cave Pokemon or Ice Pokemon|
|School Kid||Cute and unevolved Pokémon.|
|Miner||Fighting, Dark, Rock, and Steel Pokémon|
|Black Belt||Fighting Pokémon|
|Battle Girl [Complete]||Fighting Pokémon|
|Backpacker [Multiple Versions]||HP-Based Pokémon often Holding Items|
|Young Explorers [Multiple Versions]||Unevolved grassland and forest Pokémon.|
|Fisherman||Water [fishing] Pokémon|
|Flying [bird] Pokémon|
|Field and Grass Egg Group Pokémon|
|Swimmer F||Water Pokémon|
|Grass and Fighting|
|Camper [Multiple Versions]||Woodland Pokémon|
|Aroma Lady [Multiple Versions]||Grass [flower] Pokémon.|
|Gardener||Grass and Bug Pokémon||Female||Male|
|Shutterbug||Electric, Bug, and cute Pokémon|
|PKMN Ranger Cold||Cold-climate Pokémon||Male||Female|
|Psychic [Multiple Versions]||Psychic Pokémon||Female||Male [WIP]|
|Super Nerd||Poison, Electric, Steel, and Fire-type Pokémon|
|Diver [Complete]||Water [deep] Pokémon||Land Ver.|
|Monster Egg Group Pokémon|
|Worker||Rock, Steel, Ground, Fighting|
|Engineer||Steel and Electric|
|Officer||Canine and nocturnal|
|Welder||Fire and Steel Pokémon|
|Roughneck [Multiple Versions]||Dark and Fighting Pokémon|
|Beauty [Complete]||Cute and beautiful Pokémon|
|Parasol Lady [Complete]||Water and Weather-themed Pokémon|
|Collector [Multiple Versions]||Rare pokemon / full party|
|Friendly Rival's Parents|
|Generic NPC Adult Cold|
|Generic NPC Children Cold|
|Generic NPC Adult Warm|
Generic NPC Children Warm
|Generic Fat NPC|
|Dreamdery Ranch Farmer|
|Poké Mart Employees|
|Name||VS Sprite||Battle Sprite||Overworld Sprites|
|Name||VS Sprite||Battle Sprite||Overworld Sprites|
|Izzie & Rachel|
|Team Aurum Grunts
|Professor Calcifer Fortunei
|Festival Boys [Complete]||Use Pokémon reflecting their colors.|
varied surfing sprites
- Festival Boy names are as follows: Rojo, Anaranjado, Verde, Azul, and Morado.
Existing Trainer Classes
These trainer classes already exist in the Pokémon world. They have been suggested for use in the game. The "Cold and warm" next to the names denote clothing style.
- Rich Kid (Cold and warm)
- Cool Trainer (Cold and warm)
- Channler (Cold & Warm)
- Cue Ball (Cold & Warm)
- Clown (warm)
- Skier (cold)
- Runner (cold & warm)
- Pokefan (cold & warm)
- Dragon Tamer (cold & Warm)
- Expert/Veteran (cold & warm)
- Team Aurum Grunt
- Team Aurum Admin/Commander
- Team Aurum Leader
- Gym/Elite Four/Champion
Random Idea Pitches
These trainer classes do not exist in any pokemon game and may possibly be included in the game.
- Team _____ Grunt (Heavy)
- Builder (warm)
- Foreman (warm)
- Wrestler (warm)
- Rock Climber (cold/warm)
- Detective (warm)
- High-Tech Maniac
- Body Builder
- Fortune Teller
- Shaman (Late-game Ghost type users)
- Belly-dancer (desert equivalent of Tango Dancer?)
- Fencer (Mid-game trainers using Steel types and sword-based Pokemon)
- Skater (Uses urban and Electric type Pokemon)
- Scholar (Uni Student) Late game equivalent of school kids
- Scene Kid (Edgy teenage trainer. Uses Dark types)
- Hazmat Worker (Uses Poison types)
- Hippie/Stoner ( Use Psychic and Grass types)
- Calaca (A Mexican Spanish word for skeleton. Inspired by the costumes worn during the celebrations of the Mexican holiday Dia de Muertos, Day of the Dead. Male Calaca trainers look like Mariachis with their faces painted like skulls. The female version would wear long, antique-looking gowns and big hats. Uses Ghost types)
- Tag Team - Wrestler x2, constantly switch out there Pokemon.
- Blockhead (Get it? Uses grass type Pokemon.)||}|}